Friday, August 21, 2009

What to do when someone steals your contents

Read this post about How to react and deal with the contents duplicated by someone else which were originally yours.

Some useful tips on dealing with the duplicate content issues.


Duplicate content is one big issue across the internet, there are many geeks out there who just believe in copy and paste theory of the content and steal content from other websites. The stealing of the content causes substantial downfall in search engine page ranking of a website. As a webmaster or a blogger you must know how to deal with the duplicate content issue.




What is duplicate content?


Same set of content present across the same or different domains. Copied content reduces the reputation of a web page on search engines. The ranking is also pushed down by search engines as a penalty of copying content.

Useful tips for bloggers and webmasters:

  • If your blog content is also available on some other blog or web page then make sure that there is a backlink to the original article source so that the search engines will know the source of original article and your contents originality will also be maintained along with a beneficial backlink to your blog.
  • Make sure you don't use same meta tags for all your web pages in your blog because it comes under duplicate meta content and search engines can also penalize your blog for this also. Use different descriptive meta tags for your different blog pages.
  • Use your webmasters tool to analyze the duplicate content within your domain.
  • Don't worry too much about you content being copied by some freaks across internet. If you find out your content is being copied by someone then ask him to remove the content or give a link to the original source of the article. If still someone is persistent to copy your content then you can always file a DMCA request to claim the ownership of your blog.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About Me

My photo
Hey guys this is Vaseem Ansari, 25 years old, Software & Web Developer, Blogger & works on Open Sources Technologies I love my family and my loved once very much. It takes a while for me to build trust in someone new. I am honest, thoughtful, and my friends tell me that I am wise. I would also say that I am stubborn. but I do learn from my mistakes. I'm Glad I'm Me No one looks The way I do. I have noticed That it's true. No one walks the way I walk. No one talks the way I talk. I am me. There's no one else I'd rather be! Have fun reading this blog and don't forget to subscribe to the feed to keep updated on the latest articles. Visit my Blog at http://www.VaseemAnsari.com/blog/

Followers