Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Top 10 Usable Google Chrome Bookmarklets

You might've seen many such posts around the web which list out the top bookmarklets for Google Chrome. But, one thing that I found to be common between them were that most of these had not-frequently-used bookmarklets, duplicate ones (in the sense, two or more that serve the same purpose). The reason for so many bookmarklets is to increase the size of these lists. Here in this post, I've compiled a list of bookmarklets that I use daily and will be useful for almost everyone of you out there.

Now, on to the list. All the links (except Twitlet) are actual bookmarklets. You can drag them to your bookmarks bar.

  1. kwout (my favorite) – it is an excellent way to "quote" parts of the web. Simply put, you can take screenshots of parts of the webpages with this bookmarklet. kwout website.
  2. Stumble – this is not the "stumble" button from its toolbar, but rather the "i like it" button, which bloggers will be using mostly.
  3. del.icio.us – really the best social bookmarking site out there.
  4. digg – who doesn't digg nowadays ? Its really a great source of traffic. That makes it a point to have a digg bookmarklet on your browser.
  5. Twitlet (link to the website) – you've got to visit the site to generate your own bookmarklet link. Very easy to use twitter client for Chrome. (my second favorite).
  6. Pagerank – simple Google Pagerank checker. Opens a tiny pop up with the pagerank meter. It contains a huge ad in that. But, I don't mind it. Let me know if any ad-free one is available.
  7. Translate – translates the current page into English, using the Google Translator. With some minor changes, can be used for other languages too.
  8. Linkify – at first I thought this one wouldn't be helpful. But, I was wrong. I wonder at the number of pages that just has the url without an actual link. This bookmarklet saves only few seconds per link. But sure they'd add up to atleast a day or two per year.
  9. Tumblr – this will be useful for you based on whether you use Tumblr or not. Most bloggers do, I suppose. For me, it sure is useful.
  10. Snipshot – how often would you come across a picture on the web that you want to crop or rotate ? You probably open up Photoshop/GIMP to do that. That sure takes a lot of time. You can do it with ease, on the web, with Snipshot.
So how did you like the article? Then don't wait and Subscribe, Rss, Explore and Comments on My Blog. Thanks for visiting and be a frequent visitor.  


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About Me

My photo
Hey guys this is Vaseem Ansari, 25 years old, Software & Web Developer, Blogger & works on Open Sources Technologies I love my family and my loved once very much. It takes a while for me to build trust in someone new. I am honest, thoughtful, and my friends tell me that I am wise. I would also say that I am stubborn. but I do learn from my mistakes. I'm Glad I'm Me No one looks The way I do. I have noticed That it's true. No one walks the way I walk. No one talks the way I talk. I am me. There's no one else I'd rather be! Have fun reading this blog and don't forget to subscribe to the feed to keep updated on the latest articles. Visit my Blog at http://www.VaseemAnsari.com/blog/

Followers