Tuesday, August 4, 2009

5 Must Have Pages on a Website

A 404 Not Found page on Technorati reads as "Sorry! We have a zillion pages, but not that one". Thats nice text for a not found page. But, your users wouldn't like to see it when trying to access few important pages. What are those pages ? Lets see…

1) Contact Me

The contact page is the most important page of any blog. I do have a Contact page here and all bloggers who are serious about blogging have one. It not only helps your readers interact with you, but they also let you know of any errors that might pop up on your site. You don't have one & don't know how to make one ? Never worry. Kontactr is a service that i created, to make contact forms easier. It takes less than 30 seconds to setup your contact form (that depends on your Internet speed though :-P).

2) About Me

This is something that would make your blog more personal. It is also a part of personal branding. When they users get to know about you, they become more loyal to you. Take a look at some about me pages. I know that i don't have an About Me page here. The reason is that i'm not able to come up with a good one. I will try to put one soon.

3) Advertise Page

If you seriously want to make money online, an Advertise page is a must. I don't have one as my blog is new and doesn't have Pagerank yet. I'm expecting PR4 in this update and if it hits, i'll put up one. Check out John's or Nate's advertise pages to know what should be put up in an Advertise page. I do have an Advertise page on my other free webmaster resources website. Does it meet John's and Nate's quality ?

4) Search Page

The search feature comes packed with Wordpress. But, if you have a Non-blog website, you should really consider getting your own Search facility. I get irritated when i see websites without a search box. You might give Google Co-op a try. Thats works very well.

5) Sitemap

A sitemap is helpful not only for Search engine robots, but, also for human visitors. It helps them find what pages are where. There are lots of sites (even a wordpress plugin) that help you create a sitemap for a robot. But, you should manually gather the links and organize them properly to make a sitemap for humans. Check out these sitemaps of some giants : Google, eBay, Apple.

So how did you like the article? Then don't wait and Subscribe, Rss, Explore and Comments on My Blog. Thanks for visiting and be a frequent visitor.  


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About Me

My photo
Hey guys this is Vaseem Ansari, 25 years old, Software & Web Developer, Blogger & works on Open Sources Technologies I love my family and my loved once very much. It takes a while for me to build trust in someone new. I am honest, thoughtful, and my friends tell me that I am wise. I would also say that I am stubborn. but I do learn from my mistakes. I'm Glad I'm Me No one looks The way I do. I have noticed That it's true. No one walks the way I walk. No one talks the way I talk. I am me. There's no one else I'd rather be! Have fun reading this blog and don't forget to subscribe to the feed to keep updated on the latest articles. Visit my Blog at http://www.VaseemAnsari.com/blog/

Followers