Tuesday, August 4, 2009

6 Places To Push In Your RSS Feed Icon

RSS Subscriber count is an important parameter in judging a blog's success (or failure). Also, RSS readers form the loyal readership of a blog. Check out my old post to know how to increase RSS subscribers. The topic that I'll be dealing with, in this post is different. Its regarding the placement of your RSS Feed Icon. The more prominently visible it is to the visitors, the more readers you'll gain. Lets see in detail where all you can place your RSS Feed Icon in your blog.


Above The Header

Above Header
This refers to the top most position of your blog. When your page loads, this is the area that loads first. Also, it is very much visible and suitable for throwing up your Subscriber count as well…

In The Header

In Header
The header is the most prominent area of your blog and also the most attractive, in most cases. Your RSS Icon will be noticed quickly if placed in the header…

SideBar

Sidebar
Almost every blog has a RSS Icon located on the sidebar. Many blogs even have an Email Subscription box on the sidebar. It is the place where many visitors look out for a Feed Icon…

Footer

Footer
After viewing a post or a page, a visitor normally ends up at the footer of your website. So, its useful to place a link to your RSS Feed over there…

After A Post

After Post
This is one of the most effective positions. When visitors see a "Subscribe" link right after they finish reading a post, they may be effectively converted into loyal readers. Many blogs have begun to implement such links…

Before A Post

Actually you can place RSS links above or below a post using the What Would Seth Godin Do plugin. I'm going to do a little experiment with this place, by showing a Subscribe link only to visitors from search engine. I'll do a write up on it later…

Here on GotChance, I have Subscribe links on the header, sidebar, after the post and also in the a footer (which is less prominent). As a said above, I'm planning on a new experiment. Where all do you have your RSS Feed Links ? Is there any other possible place where we can push it in ?



So how did you like the article? Then don't wait and Subscribe, Explore and Comments on My Blog. Thanks for visiting and be a frequent visitor.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About Me

My photo
Hey guys this is Vaseem Ansari, 25 years old, Software & Web Developer, Blogger & works on Open Sources Technologies I love my family and my loved once very much. It takes a while for me to build trust in someone new. I am honest, thoughtful, and my friends tell me that I am wise. I would also say that I am stubborn. but I do learn from my mistakes. I'm Glad I'm Me No one looks The way I do. I have noticed That it's true. No one walks the way I walk. No one talks the way I talk. I am me. There's no one else I'd rather be! Have fun reading this blog and don't forget to subscribe to the feed to keep updated on the latest articles. Visit my Blog at http://www.VaseemAnsari.com/blog/

Followers