Monday, August 3, 2009

How to Speed Up your Slow PC

Are you tired up of your old and slow computer and wish to make your system turn into a new one? Working on a new system is fun. We all wish to turn our system into something that we purchased few years back.

The new PC is quite fast and efficient to work with but with the passage of time it tends to get slower (luckily mine is working all fine). So if you are facing this common problem then have a look at the possible solutions to make your PC fast.

1.    RAM
This is the first thing that you should check, these days several heavy applications are built up so you need to have considerable amount of memory to handle these. These days, I prefer one should go for 2GB RAM.

2.    Get rid of files that are not used
Uninstall all the programs that are there in your system occupying space but are almost never used by you. This will not only free your space but will also clear the waste.

3.    Clean up your system
Delete all the temporary files and similar files. Go to My Computer -> C Drive Properties -> Disk Cleanup -> Check all boxes and then click OK.

4.    Remove threats
Computers are prone to threats like Virus, Malware, and Spyware etc. Along with harming the system they tend to slow down the PC, so try running applications like Anti Virus, Anti Spyware (Windows Defender is a good option).

5.    Defragmentation
With the usage files in the computer gets scattered all over the memory thus making it difficult for the system to pick them up from different locations. Thus it's advisable to defragment them periodically, go to My Computer -> C Drive Properties -> Tools -> De-fragment Now and then defragment the C drive.

6.    Wipe out the cache files
Delete all the cache and temporary files made by the internet browser. Go to internet properties in the Tools tab of the browser and delete all cookies, cache, temporary files and history.

7.    Disable unwanted background processes
Stop all the useless startup processes that are running in the system. Type "msconfig" in the command prompt and stop all those pieces of crap running in the background.

So how did you like the tips? Then dont wait and Subscribe, Explore and Comments on them. Thanks for visiting and be a frequent visitor.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About Me

My photo
Hey guys this is Vaseem Ansari, 25 years old, Software & Web Developer, Blogger & works on Open Sources Technologies I love my family and my loved once very much. It takes a while for me to build trust in someone new. I am honest, thoughtful, and my friends tell me that I am wise. I would also say that I am stubborn. but I do learn from my mistakes. I'm Glad I'm Me No one looks The way I do. I have noticed That it's true. No one walks the way I walk. No one talks the way I talk. I am me. There's no one else I'd rather be! Have fun reading this blog and don't forget to subscribe to the feed to keep updated on the latest articles. Visit my Blog at http://www.VaseemAnsari.com/blog/

Followers