Tuesday, August 4, 2009

5 Tips to Increase RSS Subscribers

Many blogs are rated on the basis of the number of RSS Feed subscribers the blog has. It remains an important criteria everywhere. So here are 5 important tips that can help you increase your RSS subscribers.

1) Make it stand out

If the user is not able to locate your RSS button, you are probably losing a subscriber. No one's gonna email you asking you why you don't have an RSS feed. So, if you have a button on your blog, make it stantd out well. You need not use the biggest rss button as Revieme uses, but atleast make it easily locatable. Don't hide it somewhere like on this blog.

2) Offer a full feed

No one's going to subscribe to your feed if you just offer the short ugly excerpts. Instead they might read directly from your blog (happens rarely) or might just leave your blog. So, when you offer a feed, offer it in full. And try to provide it ad-free so that you can link to your Feed saying "Read my blog Ad-free By subscribing to my Feed".

3) Subscriber count

This is a mistake that most bloggers do. Feedburner offers a cool widget that displays the number of subscribers. Don't start using it when you have small numbers. Wait till you have atleast 150+ subscribers before you display it. As John chow says, "People in general are like sheep. They’re scare to step outside their comfort zone and won’t do it until they see others do it."

4) Multiple buttons

There is no rule that you are allowed to display your RSS button only once per page. Display it in as many places as you can. But don't make it too annoying. Problogger has 4 links on the sidebar and also has a page dedicated to various methods of subscribing. You can also add this magic statement at the end of each post "If you liked this post, subscribe to my full RSS feed".

5) Email Subscription

Not everyone uses feed readers. But, of course most of your blog readers would be having an email address. So, your email subscription can boost your subscribers count very well. Feedburner itself offers email subscription. But you can read this and choose among Feedburner, Feedblitz, Zookoda and AWeber.

So how did you like the article? Then don't wait and Subscribe, Rss, Explore and Comments on My Blog. Thanks for visiting and be a frequent visitor.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About Me

My photo
Hey guys this is Vaseem Ansari, 25 years old, Software & Web Developer, Blogger & works on Open Sources Technologies I love my family and my loved once very much. It takes a while for me to build trust in someone new. I am honest, thoughtful, and my friends tell me that I am wise. I would also say that I am stubborn. but I do learn from my mistakes. I'm Glad I'm Me No one looks The way I do. I have noticed That it's true. No one walks the way I walk. No one talks the way I talk. I am me. There's no one else I'd rather be! Have fun reading this blog and don't forget to subscribe to the feed to keep updated on the latest articles. Visit my Blog at http://www.VaseemAnsari.com/blog/

Followers