Tuesday, August 4, 2009

My Top 15 Firefox Extensions

I have been using Firefox for very long now and i love all its extensions and themes (though i use the default theme). But there are certain extensions, without which my life on the web would be almost impossible. I have compiled a list of top 15 of these extensions here.

1) IE Tab

As i designer, i need to check my designs in different browsers. I almost, never use IE. This cool little extension lets me preview the IE version of my designs within a tab in FF.

2) Web Developer

This extension adds a list of menu items and a toolbar with many tools for web developers. IMO, a must-have for a web developer.

3) Firebug

This is another must-have for a web developer. You can edit(i love this), debug, and monitor CSS, HTML, and JavaScript live in any web page.

4) FireFTP

I'm not a big fan of FTP since i use cPanel almost always. So i don't like to install any program for this. But bulk file transfers require FTP and this greatly helps me by integrating within Firefox.

5) Gspace

My HDD capacity is just 40 GB and i have almost used it up. On the contrary, i have use 8-10% of my Gmail space. So i use this extension to store important files on Google's servers.

6) Tabinta

Tabinta, short form of "Tab in text area", allows to insert tab characters in textarea on websites. This is greatly useful, when i type codes online in my cPanel.

7) Screengrab

This removes the necessity of using my "ever-loading" photoshop :D to save images of webpages. It also has some cool options like capturing specific area, etc…

8) Session Manager

This is an extension that i use everyday, everytime i close Firefox. Session Manager saves and restores the state of all windows – either when you want it or automatically at startup and after crashes.

9) SearchStatus

This is a great tool, which displays Google PR, Alexa Rank, Compete rank and more on the status bar. I use this daily to monitor the performance of my websites.

10) DownThemAll

This cool download accelerator works as a mini FlashGet within my Firefox. Once you start using it, you'll notice the differences in the speed.

11) CSSViewer

A handy tool that allows you to view the CSS properties of any element on a page simple with a single click.

12) del.icio.us Bookmarks

This official del.icio.us extension seamlessly integrates your browser with del.icio.us. I can't like without this. I bookmark 50% of the sites that i visit.

13) View Source Chart

Not everyone writes HTML in a professional way. This extension, aligns the HTML codes very well using color charts so that they can be understood easily.

14) Total Validator

This is another extension that i use almost everyday. It does a lot more that just HTML validation.

15) ImageShack Toolbar

This is one my favorite extensions. This makes it easy to upload file to your ImageShack account and provide other great tools to manage them too.

So how did you like the article? Then don't wait and Subscribe, Rss, Explore and Comments on My Blog. Thanks for visiting and be a frequent visitor.  



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About Me

My photo
Hey guys this is Vaseem Ansari, 25 years old, Software & Web Developer, Blogger & works on Open Sources Technologies I love my family and my loved once very much. It takes a while for me to build trust in someone new. I am honest, thoughtful, and my friends tell me that I am wise. I would also say that I am stubborn. but I do learn from my mistakes. I'm Glad I'm Me No one looks The way I do. I have noticed That it's true. No one walks the way I walk. No one talks the way I talk. I am me. There's no one else I'd rather be! Have fun reading this blog and don't forget to subscribe to the feed to keep updated on the latest articles. Visit my Blog at http://www.VaseemAnsari.com/blog/

Followers