Thursday, August 27, 2009

Fire breaks out at Google in London

LONDON (BNO NEWS) — A fire broke out at Google's UK headquarters in London on Thursday afternoon, officials told BNO News. There were no immediate reports of casualties.

The 6-story building is located at Buckingham Palace Road, near the Victoria Place Shopping Centre. "We were called in at 1.53 p.m. (local time)," a fire brigade spokesman said. He added that the fire broke out on the fifth floor.

A total of six fire engines and 25 firefighters are on the scene to battle the fire. The spokesman described the fire as "not very large." As of 3 p.m. UK time, the fire was still burning.

Both Buckingham Palace Road and Elizabeth Street have been closed as firefighters work to extinguish the fire, a police official said. The building has been evacuated.

Witnesses posted photos of the fire to the social networking website Twitter. One photo, posted by Jon Swaine, showed flames shooting from the roof of the building, others showed only smoke.

There were no immediate reports of injuries.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About Me

My photo
Hey guys this is Vaseem Ansari, 25 years old, Software & Web Developer, Blogger & works on Open Sources Technologies I love my family and my loved once very much. It takes a while for me to build trust in someone new. I am honest, thoughtful, and my friends tell me that I am wise. I would also say that I am stubborn. but I do learn from my mistakes. I'm Glad I'm Me No one looks The way I do. I have noticed That it's true. No one walks the way I walk. No one talks the way I talk. I am me. There's no one else I'd rather be! Have fun reading this blog and don't forget to subscribe to the feed to keep updated on the latest articles. Visit my Blog at http://www.VaseemAnsari.com/blog/

Followers