Wednesday, August 5, 2009

What is the Microsoft’s problem with Windows XP

Windows 7 is all set to release. The date has been declared and the price is being nearly accurately speculated in any blog or website you visit which discusses on Windows. Now a question comes. Will XP users ditch their age old OS and buy Windows 7?

Windows XP went RTM August 24, 2001, and users had to wait nearly three years for SP2, which was released on August 6, 2004. Retail users then had to wait for nearly two and a half years until January 30, 2007 for Vista to make an appearance, whose disastrous condition made them stick to their XP.

That means that XP was around and unchallenged for nearly five and a half years. That's a long time. In fact, there are a huge number of PC users out there who have only used XP and that includes my home PC which my family uses. In all these years we have purchased games and wares and have set up our own ecological environment around XP. And with backward compatibility a real headache for XP users from Vista onwards, our investments on XP seems to be a little more dearer, not to mention the hardware upgrades that is required.

Windows 7 is trying to woo XP users by its XP mode, which infact till how hasn't received much criticism. This shows that MS is infact receptive to the situation of the  XP users which even now occupies 60% of the Windows OS market share. Another option which some are seen gossiping about is dual booting Windows 7 from a Windows XP Virtual Hard Drive. Probably this way we can still use our sweetheart XP and our wares and also use this new OS from Windows.

Still then I believe even after Windows XP's extended support end in 2014, even then Windows XP will be having almost 10% of the Windows market share.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About Me

My photo
Hey guys this is Vaseem Ansari, 25 years old, Software & Web Developer, Blogger & works on Open Sources Technologies I love my family and my loved once very much. It takes a while for me to build trust in someone new. I am honest, thoughtful, and my friends tell me that I am wise. I would also say that I am stubborn. but I do learn from my mistakes. I'm Glad I'm Me No one looks The way I do. I have noticed That it's true. No one walks the way I walk. No one talks the way I talk. I am me. There's no one else I'd rather be! Have fun reading this blog and don't forget to subscribe to the feed to keep updated on the latest articles. Visit my Blog at http://www.VaseemAnsari.com/blog/

Followers