Wednesday, August 12, 2009

How to Install Ubuntu Linux

Wondering how to install Ubuntu Linux? So, you finally decided to give up on the Windows or Mac OSX world and make a switch over to what could be considered the fastest growing operating system to date? Good. Ubuntu captures all of what you could ever need in an operating system and packs it into the best installation package out at the moment. From media players, email and instant messaging clients, and a place to type up documents, Ubuntu has it all natively and it's more than a piece of cake to grab an installation disc and get to work.

Install Ubuntu Linux Easily

Step 1: The first thing you need to do before actually installing the operating system is to get hold of the installation disc. The disc requires a DVD drive and a blank DVD-R to copy the disc to. If you're unable to burn the disc to DVD, you must order one. But, the beauty of ordering one is that because the operating system is free, you don't have to pay a dime for anything more than shipping. Go ahead and download or order an installation disc.

Step 2: If you are going to download the disc and burn it yourself, the next page, after choosing the download option, will ask you a few questions. If you're looking to use the disc to install Ubuntu on your Server or Netbook, click on the appropriate tabs at the top of the page. Choose a country or server from the drop down menu right below the tabs to give them an idea of which server would be the fastest download for you. Lastly, check the box that'll let you pick either 32 or 64 bit Ubuntu and voila, you're almost there.

Step 3: The installation disc will download itself in an ISO format that's very easy to burn to disc afterward. Depending on your connection speed, you can expect to wait anywhere from a few minutes to just over an hour or so if you're on a broadband connection.

Step 4: We're almost home free with the setup and almost to the installation. The final step is to download a program called ISO Recorder. It's freeware. Insert a blank CD or DVD into your drive and browse for the Ubuntu ISO file on your hard drive using ISO Recorder. It shouldn't take long to load and once it does, click burn and watch the magic happen.

Step 5: Once you have the disc ready to go, pop it back into your drive and restart your computer. If you're not familiar with how to do the next step, there are a few quick and easy guides online that'll help you through it. Or, you can check out the Help Documentation section on Ubuntu's website. Go into you computer's BIOS and set the computer to boot from the CD first before the hard drive. Once this is set, save your settings and restart the computer one last time.

Step 6: The graphical installer will load from the CD and the installation will guide you every step of the way to make sure you have all of the necessary drivers and software before you're ready to go.

And that's it. It's that easy. There isn't much work to installing Ubuntu on your desktop or server. It should take just over a few hours to get everything you need together and installed. And now that you have it installed, enjoy! Read more about Ubuntu.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About Me

My photo
Hey guys this is Vaseem Ansari, 25 years old, Software & Web Developer, Blogger & works on Open Sources Technologies I love my family and my loved once very much. It takes a while for me to build trust in someone new. I am honest, thoughtful, and my friends tell me that I am wise. I would also say that I am stubborn. but I do learn from my mistakes. I'm Glad I'm Me No one looks The way I do. I have noticed That it's true. No one walks the way I walk. No one talks the way I talk. I am me. There's no one else I'd rather be! Have fun reading this blog and don't forget to subscribe to the feed to keep updated on the latest articles. Visit my Blog at http://www.VaseemAnsari.com/blog/

Followers