Monday, August 3, 2009

How to know When a Website Goes Down

If you want to Get Notified When a Website Goes Down

For someone like me who runs tens of blogs really have to monitor  their uptime at any cost. Having your favorite site go down is a really annoying experience , you keep checking back continuously to see if its back up and if the site owners haven't given any notification of the down time then you'll most probably end up spending a whole day visiting back and forth only to see that "Site undergoing maintenance – come back shortly!" message over and over.

Many sites have suffered from this issue. This includes news sites, Top 10 sites, audio streaming sites, even some web based email providers. In which case most people don't just check the site to see if its back they panic while doing it too.

This is where WhenDOUP comes in action. It's sole purpose is to inform the user when a site goes down or comes back up. It just asks for your email address, the website URL of the site that is offline, and whether you want to know if the site is down or if it has come back up.


After entering the target sites URL WhendoUP will continuously check the target site to see if its up. When it does detect a working website, it will send you an email as soon as possible.

WhenDOUP serves another purpose as well. The same service can be used to check and see if your website ever goes down. As a website owner just enter your site URL, email address, and choose to notify you when the site is down and then WhenDOUP will check your site every 15 minutes and the moment it goes down, you'll definitely know about it.


So how did you like the tips? Then don't wait Subscribe, Explore and Comments on the posts on My Blog. Thanks for visiting and be a frequent visitor.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About Me

My photo
Hey guys this is Vaseem Ansari, 25 years old, Software & Web Developer, Blogger & works on Open Sources Technologies I love my family and my loved once very much. It takes a while for me to build trust in someone new. I am honest, thoughtful, and my friends tell me that I am wise. I would also say that I am stubborn. but I do learn from my mistakes. I'm Glad I'm Me No one looks The way I do. I have noticed That it's true. No one walks the way I walk. No one talks the way I talk. I am me. There's no one else I'd rather be! Have fun reading this blog and don't forget to subscribe to the feed to keep updated on the latest articles. Visit my Blog at http://www.VaseemAnsari.com/blog/

Followers